I’ve just launched a new online course – and it’s all about the apostrophe!
Sign up to the blog today to get this course at a special introductory offer of just £8.
Why master the apostrophe? Well, a single misplaced apostrophe in that CV or that manuscript you’ve sweated over for years? It could undo all your hard work in a single moment. Because if there’s one thing employers, editors and educated readers will judge you on, it’s how you use the apostrophe.
An effective way to master the apostrophe once and for all
Let’s face it, memorising a book on punctuation is never going to be the most exciting or effective way of mastering the apostrophe. That’s why I created a comprehensive but pacy online course with lots of exercises so you can practise what you’ve learned.
In English Grammar: Apostrophe Beginner to Apostrophe Expert, I guide you from the basics to professional mastery, step by step.
You’ll start by mastering the two main uses of this tricky little punctuation mark – and build up your knowledge from there.
By the end of the course, you’ll not only be using the apostrophe with ease and confidence. You’ll also have a more in-depth knowledge than the vast majority of professional writers, editors and proofreaders.
This comprehensive course gives you:
- Clear explanations and illustrations of the most important uses of the apostrophe
- Loads of quizzes and exercises throughout the course, to help you cement your knowledge
- Step-by-step guidance on avoiding the most embarrassing apostrophe blunders
- Simple ways to avoid common confusions – like the difference between “its” and “it’s”, “who’s” and “whose”
- Advice on how to prevent that rogue, credibility-zapping apostrophe from slipping through the net
- Answers to advanced questions, like: 100’s or 100s? CVs or CV’s? What to do with names and places that end in “s”?
- A downloadable “cheat sheet” you can refer to again and again
Remember, you can get this course for just £5 until midnight on Friday, 4 March 2016 so act now!